Python use growing or shrinking

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Wed Jan 22 19:23:36 EST 2003

Alan James Salmoni wrote:

> From the site: "The ratings are based on the world-wide availability
> of skilled engineers, courses and third party vendors. The popular
> search engine Google is used to calculate the ratings."
>
> It is also possible that the way in which a language operates is an
> important factor: With Python, there is little need for third party
> vendors as it comes with so much in the basic installation, and its
> ease of learning reduces the need for courses.

Or it could be something even simpler:  They're choosing really poor
Google searches to base their data on.  Since they don't elaborate, the
general public has no way of judging whether they've come to their
ratings (and more importantly their division between "A" and "B"
languages) in a reasonable manner.

For all we know they misspelled _Python_, or didn't realize that their
"C#" searches included C, C++, _and_ C#, etc.

/  \ I'm rolling like thunder / I'm feeling my power
\__/ Chante Moore
    CatCam / http://www.catcam.com/
 What do your pets do all day while you're at work?  Find out.