spambayes rocks

Donn Cave donn at u.washington.edu
Thu Jan 30 12:33:22 EST 2003

Quoth "Brett g Porter" <BgPorter at NOartlogicSPAM.com>:
| Of course, DNS-based blacklists shoot an elephant gun at the problem, and
| it's just too bad if you happen to innocently be using an ISP who gets
| flagged as a source of spam. Every few months this happens to us, and after
| we see messages being bounced, we call the ISP, and they boot the spammer,
| and eventually the domain gets removed from the blacklist, but by that time
| we've lost a few days of business email.
|
| Blocking all mail (even legitimate) from South Korea  solves one problem,
| but creates another -- if my ISP happens to subscribe to this blacklist
| service, there's absolutely no way for me to receive email from my family
| living there.

Then you and your family urgently need to bring this problem to the
Korean authorities.  Until they take responsibility for the problem,
you will be hostages to one side or the other in an anarchic struggle
between ISPs and spammers.

I'm sure some ISPs will play the spammers' game and try to filter out
their messages, but others will blacklist in the hope of forcing some
real progress.

	Donn Cave, donn at u.washington.edu