license

Bengt Richter bokr at oz.net
Tue Jan 21 20:01:44 EST 2003

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 09:16:27 -0500 (EST), Arthur <ajs at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>||I am *never* discrete.
I didn't understand that. I thought it might be some kind of digital joke,
that I didn't grok, so I thought maybe I should be discreet and not say
anything about discrete and discreet being semantically discrete ;-)

>||But at my age, an opportunity for a new experience is rare.
Condolences, but that sounds like self-fulfilling BS to me. So long as you
have a mind, just waking up affords endless opportunities, unless you have
unbearably distracting pain or such (which I am thankful not to have ;-).

>To which the good doctor adds,
>
>|s/discrete/obnoxious/
>|s/rare/elsewhere/
>
>The beauty of this is that I don't know what it means.
I didn't really get that either.

>I suspect I might.
>
>The fact that it is composed as a message from the initiated
>to the intitiated - says enough.
I guess it left me out ;-/

>My alienation from the community would decrease if it
>credited itself less for being something other than that.
Too many negatives for me to get clear. I.e., do you see a community,
and would you like to feel like you belong to it? I don't see any
real obstacles, do you?

Well, I guess at least you belong to the community of people who feel
alienated from communities ;-) Life is short. We're all in this together ;-)

Regards,
Bengt Richter