HTTPS Server

Dave Brueck dave at pythonapocrypha.com
Mon Jan 20 01:09:01 EST 2003

On Sun, 19 Jan 2003, Toni Andjelkovic wrote:

> In article <DxwW9.21446$YG2.637142 at twister1.libero.it>, Giorgio Zoppi wrote:
> > Toni Andjelkovic wrote:
> >>
> >> Consider using stunnel: http://stunnel.mirt.net/.
> >
> > Consider PureTLS, or OpenSSL binding.
> > http://sf.net/projects/pow
>
> stunnel should work transparently for the application, so that
> no coding is necessary.

It wouldn't be _completely_ transparent though - in particular logging
would be messed up because the client IP will always be 127.0.0.1, right?
(or, the IP of the stunnel machine if it's a gateway into your network).
But I guess for some applications that's no big deal, in which case the
stunnel approach would work great.

-Dave