help please about using python

Dan Bishop danb_83 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 4 03:45:01 EST 2003

"Serge" <Plop at plopland.be> wrote in message news:<%RkR9.7529$6J1.1433260454 at hestia.telenet-ops.be>...
> Hello,
>
> I would like to use a program for GPS who is written in python but i know
> nothing about python. Some friendly person mailed me the python program with
> links and some help but i can not find out how to start the program.
>
> Would someone help me? it would be great !

To run the program, you need the Python interpreter.  You can download
it from http://www.python.org/2.2.2/ .

After you've installed the interpreter, you should be able to run the
program by clicking its icon.  If not, you can run the program from
the command line with the command "python filename.py".  If that
doesn't work, you should add your Python directory to your PATH
environment variable.

> I would explain everything by e-mail.
>
> Sorry for the faults in my english.

No need to apologize.  Your English is much better than what many of
the native speakers write on Usenet ;-)

However, if you would like some constructive pedantry, I'll tell you
that the pronoun "I" and the proper name "Python" should be
capitalized, and the "who" in the first sentence should probably be
"that".