Python Success Stories or Nightmares

Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz gradha at terra.es
Thu Jan 30 18:42:06 EST 2003

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 05:49:54PM -0500, Mongryong wrote:
> Let's hear people's success stories with Python and why they did
> the switch.

I switched because a cool LUG friend told me about it. Currently
he's my boss, and pays me to write free software.

*Learning* Python I rewrote a 30KB C program to 6KB of Python in
*one afternoon*.  Given that I did that to *learn* the language
(I was browsing the documentation/tutorial in another terminal),
and that I actually fixed a bug in the process, only good things
can await.  Nowadays maybe I could reduce another Kb and improve
source readability.

> What works and doesn't work in Python.

  while (line = file.readline()):

I still miss that one-liner.