Truth in dating (was: HELP! Must choose language!)

David K. Trudgett dkt at registriesltd.com.au
Mon Jan 6 17:12:02 EST 2003

On Monday 2003-01-06 at 11:07:01 -0600, Mike Meyer wrote:

> Nick Vargish <nav at adams.patriot.net> writes:
>
> > Erik Max Francis <max at alcyone.com> writes:
> > > (The object orientation in Perl, ugh.)
> > They added object orientation to Perl?
>
> Yes, the swiss army chainsaw of programming languages now has an OO
> blade.
>
> > p.s. I'm joking! I know about it, I just refuse to look at it.
>
> Probably for the best, especially if you recently ate.

Although I still like Perl, yes, the OO stuff is rather interesting,
certainly unique. It works, though. Larry Wall (along with lots of
other people) is working on Perl 6 these days, which looks like it'll
have enough changes in it to make it virtually a whole new language.
Not new enough for dedicated Pythonistas, probably! ;-) It'll still have
punctuation and block delimiters :-). ... and OO will be done right
this time! Yay!

I'm sure y'all needed to know that! ;-)

BFN,

David