Best SMTP/POP library?

Robert Oschler Oschler at
Thu Jan 23 14:15:17 CET 2003

"Gerhard Häring" <gerhard.haering at> wrote in message
news:slrnb2tj3u.os.gerhard.haering at
> Robert Oschler <Oschler at> wrote:
> > "Gerhard Häring" <gerhard.haering at> wrote in message
> > news:slrnb2ten0.1gg.gerhard.haering at
> ^^
> Considering this reference "line", I agree you need a new MUA :-)

While I'm working on my Python email client, which will take quite some
time, I'm getting up to speed on Ximian.  You mentioned a problem with my
current email client (OE) with the "reference line" and the way it quotes.
Can you give me specifics so I can look out for these things when I'm
configuring Ximian's email client?