xforms (W3C) intepreter in Python?

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.net
Fri Jan 31 06:35:31 EST 2003

"Brad Clements" <bkc at Murkworks.com> wrote in message news:<3e393e41_1 at spamkiller.newsgroups.com>...

> Anyone else looking at xforms?

I had a look at XForms a while ago, but the specification was
something which was not only sleep-inducing, but also didn't really
seem to meet any immediate requirements for developing Web
applications more productively. Moreover, there was no indication that
any browser would support the technology any time soon; indeed, I'm
pretty sure that no mainstream browser supports it even now.

> Novell DeveloperNet Sysop #5

Interestingly, Novell seem to be all excited about XForms in that I
saw some of their developer pages which advertised some package or
other in which you could design them.

I've been interested in manipulating Web form data as XML, and
formatting that data using XML-based templates. Right now, though, I
don't have anything I can show you.

Paul