Python threading tutorial?

Gerrit Holl gerrit at nl.linux.org
Mon Jan 6 12:23:49 EST 2003

Dennis Lee Bieber schreef op maandag  6 januari om 04:12:03 +0000:
> Gerrit Holl fed this fish to the penguins on Sunday 05 January 2003
> 01:43 pm:
> > to better understand this Lock()ing... hmm... my code seems to hang
> > randomly when adding this... hmm... I'll try and work this out and
> > will probably come with a pointed question later this week... hmm...
> > studying... hmm... hmm..
> >
>         I'm doing your homework, but as I'm currently out of work it is an
> excuse to keep my skills up. I won't say this is perfect -- after all,
> the requirements were very loose, and I don't have much in the way of
> error trapping -- but it may do most of what your description says.
> (watch out for lines that wrapped in the news system)

Well, it wasn't even homework, it was an exercise I set myself, to exercise
first with threads and, once I mastered them, to exercise with plotting such
a World in a graphical environment where each Creature, Wall, Air and Human
instance have images walking around, as in a game.

[cut 262 LOC]

*Wow*, you've spent some time! Thanks a lot, I'll study on this code and
will probably learn alot from it!

yours,
Gerrit.

	http://people.nl.linux.org/~gerrit/