Port Python to PS2

corey coreydalejohnson at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 3 19:22:29 EST 2003

My current company is developing for the playstation 2, and I am
interested in porting python to it for the scripting engine.
The only problem is I don't know where to start. I am a lowly junior
programmer (just out of college) and this would be mainly a learning
experience for me during my free time after work. But hopefully if I
can get something working we could add python support into our next
game. I have visited Jason Asbahr's site (He ported Python to the PS2
and Gamecube) but I couldn't learn much from what he had available.
When porting do you simply use something like SWIG or pyrex so that
your python code is run through C? Or does it involve more lower level
tweaking. The PS2 has no operating system, will this make things more
difficult or does this not matter?
Any links or suggestions would be great!
Thanks,
Corey