Graphing packages

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Tue Jan 28 12:39:51 EST 2003

I post this on behalf of Dave Feustel <dfeustel at mindspring.com>:
> I suddenly have a need to plot graphs of algebraic functions.
> Is there a such a python graphics package that runs on Openbsd?
> (I've looked but haven't found anything yet)

I have several comments.  Dave's usual NNTP access is broken, so
he feels blocked from clp participation.  This makes me think
he's not aware of the alternatives that appear in, for example,
Folks, if you've got e-mail at all, you can join in clp.

I'll leave the substantive question to others.  I know there is
an abundance of ways (Graphite, biggles, GD, Gnumeric, BLT,
scipy.pl, ..) to do function-graphing with Python, essentially
all of which are readily available under OpenBSD (a fine platform,
by the way; I'd be happy if more people used it).  Dave, my first
question would be about whether you have a preference between
Tkinter, wxPython, PyQt, Web applications, ...
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net