Python vs. C++ Builder - speed of development

Andy Freeman anamax at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 31 00:40:40 EST 2003

"Brandon Van Every" <vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com> wrote in message news:<a2h_9.5383$Wu1.411649 at newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>...
> My contention is, if your approach is incremental and architectural, Python
> does not offer any amazing payoff over C++.  Python only gives you a big
> value add when you're trying to be more spontaneous.

The point has been clear for some time.  The problem is that the supporting
evidence seems to be "I think".  Meanwhile, the folks saying that the point
is wrong have actual relevant experience.

Which should I prefer - theory or practice?  Yes, theory can be better,
but not when the theory doesn't explain the practice.

For example "You only think that you're 4x as productive because ...".

-andy