Python-list digest, Vol 1 #13623 - 12 msgs

Terry Hancock hancock at
Tue Jan 7 01:46:22 CET 2003

On Saturday 04 January 2003 09:44 am, python-list-request at wrote:
> EpSyLOn <sasDOTepsylon at> wrote in message
news:<qm8d1v8oa5kmfb15m7sj1v3g7v5cvvvrfl at>...
> > "Python for PlayStation
>> > Erwin Coumans has completed a port of Python to the Sony PlayStation
> > 2. Send him email for more info."
> > His email: erwin at
> > --                             ___
> I've to e-mail him. But that address is no longer valid (I think since
> blender went under)

Speaking of the PS2 Linux port, is there anyone working on an unencumbered
replacement for the proprietary Sony disk that it relies on?  I'd like to
port some functionality to the PS2, but you have to agree to some rather
restrictive things (like not to distribute your code on CD) to use their
software.  This means that if you develop on the PS2 Linux kit, the only
people who can use your result are other people who have the kit, as I
understand it.  I find this greatly reduces the attractiveness of it, since I
was kind of hoping to do something subversive like make Free educational
software that would run on a consumer Playstation 2.  (Okay, I'm not just
chomping at the bit, but it would be an interesting possibility).

I notice there's a Gnu Game Boy replacement project, although I've not yet
found out how to actually make a cartridge from the data.

Is there a general resource on Linux/Open-Source platforms for computer

Terry Hancock ( hancock at )
Anansi Spaceworks

"Some things are too important to be taken seriously"