Best Python Editor (under Linux)

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Fri Jan 3 08:56:35 EST 2003

Simon Burton wrote:

> I think he meant in comparison to your average point and click editor.

I might grant that (for non-graphical versions of emacs; GNU emacs with
X support or XEmacs are very much point-and-click friendly), but would
vi really fair better?  Point-and-clickers would be utterly dumbfounded
by vi upon a first encounter; you have to enter a code to even start
typing!

/  \ The doors of Heaven and Hell are adjacent and identical.
\__/ Nikos Kazantzakis
    Alcyone Systems' Daily Planet / http://www.alcyone.com/planet.html
 A new, virtual planet, every day.