Looking for CORBA examples, or something better

Jp Calderone exarkun at intarweb.us
Fri Jan 24 16:43:13 EST 2003

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 09:32:38PM +0100, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:
> Hi.
>
> After a university brainwash of Java's RMI and Microsoft's COM, I'm
> looking for a python CORBA... interface? I mean, an example/module
> I should use to communicate to other CORBA objects.
>
> CORBA is usually more code verbose than Java's RMI, because RMI
> knows it's talking to another Java. Is there something similar
> in Python? Something easier to write than CORBA but restricted to
> python. Maybe YAMI?

  I'm not sure what you're asking for, exactly - a Python CORBA package?  Or
a Python package with CORBA-like functionality?

  In the latter case, you might check out twisted.spread.  It's -almost- as
terse as possible, with methods being invoked like...

  obj.callRemote('method', args, ...)

  Twisted lives at http://www.twistedmatrix.com/, and there are spread docs
both in the API docs section as well as the howto section.

  Jp

--
"There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in their
home."