Pmw and BLT

Howard Lightstone howard at eegsoftware.com
Tue Jan 21 02:25:12 EST 2003

mongo57a at comcast.net wrote in
news:3e2c4761_1 at binarykiller.newsgroups.com:

> Pulling out what little hair I have left trying to get Blt to work!
>
> After installing the latest Pmw, I installed Blt2.4z. I followed the
> instructions and I believe that everything was "made" successfully. If
> I go into the Blt2.4z directory
> (usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/Pmw/Blt2.4z/demos/) and execute the
> Tcl demo (./graph1.Tcl), it works.
>
> However, when I try to execute BltGraph.py
> (/usr/lib/python2.2/Pmw_1_1/demos/), I get the message box "BLT
> Package has not been installed on this system".
>
> As far as I can see, the package was built successfully with only a
> few warnings here and there. Anyone know what might be wrong? Do I
> need to add something to my path? or
> modify a Python variable?
>
> TIA
>
> Andy

What I have to do to make it work:

1.  Copy the BLT24.dll to somewhere TCL can find it (NOT where Python can
find it).  Usually, I just put it in the Windows SYSTEM directory.  This is
because TCL is doing the loading and not Python.

2.  Copy the BLT2.4 directory from where it is installed
    (usually pythonxx/tcl/lib) to the pythonxx/tcl directory