LDAP -- is python-ldap still "it"?

Andrew Bennetts andrew-pythonlist at puzzling.org
Wed Jan 8 06:50:01 CET 2003

On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 08:36:01PM +0000, Karl A. Krueger wrote:
> I've used the python-ldap package in the past, and I'm wondering if this
> is still the way to go for LDAP manipulation from Python -- if there are
> other LDAP client libraries for Python I haven't found, for one.  (I'm a

There's at least one other: ldaptor, which is built on the Twisted

I'm not 100% sure what the current URL for it is; these both look promising:
  - http://ldaptor.bkbits.net/  -- I think this is current
  - http://twistedmatrix.com/users/tv/ldaptor/  -- this appears to be out of

Also, version 0.0.12 seems to be in Debian.  It's probably worth mailing the
author, tv at debian.org, if you're interested.