clobs clobber dbi ??? Workarounds?

Gerhard Häring gerhard.haering at opus-gmbh.net
Wed Jan 22 03:11:02 EST 2003

Fred Bartlett <vepxistqaosani at netscape.net> wrote:
> But I need to get the clob column, too -- how can I do it? Toad and
> sql*plus both handle it; what's wrong cx_Oracle, dbi and/or odbc?

If you look at the web page of the ODBC module, it suggests that there are
*some* things wrong with it. For one, it's unsupported.
(http://www.python.org/windows/win32/odbc.html)

I have only once worked with Large Objects under Oracle and that was years ago,
so the only thing I can recommend is that you try out DCoracle2. It's install
method is really stupid, though:

http://www.zope.org/Members/matt/dco2

You'll need to download the zip file there and do a little RFTM ;-)

Gerhard
--
Gerhard Häring
OPUS GmbH München