best college for computer science major

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Thu Jan 9 08:51:02 EST 2003

In article <3E1CAFB3.73CEA6A7 at engcorp.com>,
Peter Hansen  <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:
>Chad Netzer wrote:
>>
>> On Wednesday 08 January 2003 14:07, Tupoi wrote:
>>
>> > ok to be more specific what are the best undergrad schools in the US for a
>> > Computer Science major in general because most undergrads like me probbably
>> > have not decided whether they will be computer programmers, network guys,
>> > or whatever else.
>>
>> I see.  Well, in that case, the answer is Purdue.  Go to Purdue, that is the
>> best undergrad school in the US for CS.
>
>And the University of Waterloo is the best undergrad school for CS
>in North America.  Probably for the rest of the world, too. :-)
			.
			.
			.
I'm curious about what insider jokes I'm missing.
I think Purdue and Waterloo *do* deserve consid-
eration.

Incidentally, I strongly urge US teens to look
into Canadian schools.  There are excellent, ex-
cellent values available.  The usual cross-border
adjectives apply--you can find the quality ofa
UoChicago or Penn, but with less crime, milder
climate, and far lower fees.

Back to the subject at hand:  I'm still trying
to figure out whether to distinguish "best
school" from "best school for the individual".
If you just want well-paying jobs in industry,
I'm inclined to think the best school is one
you make for yourself:  start working, and study
on your own ...
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net