Do pythons like sugar?

Afanasiy abelikov72 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 9 10:29:19 EST 2003

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003 10:08:06 -0500, "Steve Holden"
<sholden at holdenweb.com> wrote:

>"Andrew Bennetts" <andrew-pythonlist at puzzling.org> wrote in message
>news:mailman.1042118119.29945.python-list at python.org...

>Afanasiy: to write '''If the "pythonic world-view" is that code which would
>look better with implicit self is "poor implementation"''' and '''My design
>is perfect.''', and then complain about condescending attitudes strikes me
>as the pot calling the kettle black. You asked a question, and you got
>answers. You may not have liked the tone, but since you can only *interpret*
>its meaning it usually doesn't do you much good to complain about newsgroup
>modes of expression. Or, more shortly: "get over it!".

I have the same desire to defend myself with a reply as you or others.
Except that I was the original victim and my double quoting remark was
a purely logical rephrasing of what they were telling me. The fact that
it spurred such a reply when *I* rephrashed what they said says much.

>This is actually quite a friendly group (certainly there are many others
>where you would experience much greater hostility). Try not to interpret
>comments as condescending: they usually aren't. I guess you may wish to make
>an exception of this message :-), though I am actually trying to pur oil on
>troubled waters.

When someone like Dalke trolls I will always react.