ImportError: No module named _curses ?

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Fri Jan 31 09:38:34 EST 2003

Ingo Linkweiler <i.linkweiler at web.de> writes:

> Kevin Altis schrieb:
> > The curses module is not available on Windows, as you found out when you
> > tried to import it. The documentation should probably make that point.
> > http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-curses.html
>
> the documentation says, it is available for DOS.
> I thought, a DOS-Box in Windows is compatible to MS-DOS.

Reasonably, but wrongly, I think.

> Do you know any alternatives for my purpose?
> I only need some simple, but OS-independend functions like this
> c = readkey()
> clearscreen()
> setcursorat(x,y)

I think, maybe, the msvcrt module might do that.  Vague enough?  Or
there's /F's console library.

The OS-independent part I think you will have to do yourself.

Cheers,
M.

--
  An encyclopedia is about being as accurate as it can, not being
  evenly misinformed.                     -- Coby Beck, comp.lang.lisp