Console stall

andy andy at eastonwest.co.uk
Sun Jan 5 13:47:40 EST 2003

On Sunday 05 Jan 2003 4:30 pm, Matt Singer wrote:
> I've hacked up some scripts that look up some info on various web
> sites and prints out info to the shell window (this is win32) as it
> goes along.  The odd thing is that it seems to "randomly" stall until
> you hit the return key in the shell window.
>
> Any thoughts on what I am doing stupidly? ;-)

I've had similar problems, but mostly with IDLE, running on NT4 and XP.  I
don't get it with Linux tho, so I always attributed it to Windows' weird
task-switching...  windows gives 'background tasks' less priority.  I even
tried disabling the screen saver to no affect.  It seems that it does update
itself again if you click back on the window.