Annoyance in python-mode for Emacs

Björn Lindberg d95-bli at nada.kth.se
Tue Jan 7 09:15:31 EST 2003

(Please tell me if this list inappropriate for issues regarding the
Emacs Python mode.)

I just installed Python-mode 4.29. previously I was using version 3.111.
The new version exihibits a behaviour I find annoying which as I recall
I didn't have trouble with using the older version.

Whenever I evaluate a region or a buffer, the window splits, and the
cursor moves to the new window which contains the python interpreter.
Now, I always work by keeping the interpreter buffer open in it's own
frame and the file buffers in another frame. This means that whenever I
evaluate anything, I have to do "C-x o C-x 1" to restore it, and it
becomes tiresome after a while. I don't think the older python mode did
this.

How can I correct this behaviour?

Björn