Using SWIG to build Python extensions -- help!

Bjorn Pettersen BPettersen at
Fri Jan 24 22:05:35 CET 2003

> From: Carl Bevil [mailto:carl_bevil at]
> Hello all.  I'm experimenting with using SWIG to build a
> Python extension.  I
> have a really simple C++ file that I'd like to extend Python
> with as a test.
> I'm building the interpreter as a library that I statically
> link into my main
> application.  Dynamic linking is not an option for my target
> platform, so I've
> downloaded the Python source code.  I'm using Python 2.1.3.

I've only seen statically linked extension modules created by a
"wrapper-generator" in Boost.Python

Start at:*checkout*/boost/boost/li
bs/python/doc/index.html for the current docs if you're interested...

-- bjorn