VPython and JPEG?

Shaun Press u3350004 at student.anu.edu.au
Thu Jan 16 05:13:51 EST 2003

Justin Shaw wrote:

> Does anyone know how to wrap an object in VPython with a jpeg image?  Like
> say make a globe by wrapping a sphere with the country boundaries.  If not
> VPython do you know of any other 3D libraries that can do that in python?
>
> Thanks
> Justin

Not at this stage, unless the VPython team have added this recently.
I am working on a VPython project at the moment. It's main focus is porting
VPython to run on the Wedge 3D visualisation system, but a possible extension
is to add  support for image wrapping of shapes like Java 3D does. Not
promising anything and unlikely to be done before mid 2003.