Compare Python with Perl for QA purpose

Bjorn Pettersen BPettersen at NAREX.com
Sat Jan 4 11:06:34 EST 2003

> From: Amol Sonaikar [mailto:amol at kenati.com]
>
> Hi all
>
> I am using Python to test the Our created  Command Line
> Interface. I would
> like to know whether Python will be better option to work on
> it or Perl. I
> guess the python users can very well elaborate on it.

Isn't this the canonical use case for Expect, i.e. Tcl? Python has of
course developed features in that direction to, although still not quite
as polished from what I understand (never used them myself, i.e. this is
hearsay <wink>). In any case, your question should probably be: "Is
either Perl or Python close enough to Tcl/Expect functionality to test
our CLI and do they have other properties that would make up for any
lack of specific features?" The answer, of course, depends on what your
requirements are...

just-my-0.02-etc-etc'ly y'rs
-- bjorn