idlefork 0.9a2 and Windows 98

GerritM gmuller at worldonline.nl
Fri Jan 31 15:15:31 EST 2003

Idlefork sounds like a set of very nice improvements, especially the F5
which does a clean start is a big win for new Python users. I did not yet
really use it because I ran into a few problems when starting idlefork.

I just entered a bug in the idlefork sourceforge bug repository about the
interaction of idlefork with Windows98. W98 does all kinds of strange things
if filenames or foldernames are created which start with a dot. In this case
.idlerc as name is the culprit.

I did not (yet) create a change request for the startup script, which does
not work on windows (Windows does not know about first lines with a #). So
starting idlescript is now somewhat cumbersome on windows machines.

regards Gerrit

--
www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch/