Books for newbies

shawnwheatley at shawnwheatley at
Fri Jan 24 16:37:39 CET 2003

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 15:56:05 -0800, "Tyson Tate" <nilobject at>
> My first post! (Everyone, now, "noob!")

n00b!  (Just kidding... I've only been toying with it for a few months
now :)

One link I like is Useless Python:

Contrary to the name, I've been able to find some interesting code
snipits here.  Also, do a search for Dr. Dobb's Python Links (or
something like that).  It's posted to the mailing list every few weeks,
but I know there's a link to the archives of these lists somewhere (I
have to make you do *some* work, how else will you learn?  :)

Another good link is Dive Into Python:

It's a good book if you already have some programming experience in
another language.

Good luck and have fun!

  shawnwheatley at

-- - Or how I learned to stop worrying and
                      love email again