Starting a python GUI from another python GUI.

Travis Beaty t_beaty at
Wed Jan 8 12:40:16 CET 2003

Hello Jens!

I'm an extreme newbie myself, however ...

Since you are developing in Windows, I have a sneaking suspicion that
its not pythonw generating the console window, but rather your call to
os.system().  In Python's win32API wrappers, they have wrapped a
function by the name of ShellExecute().  You can find the MSDN
documentation for this function here:
  The Python documentation is here:

Using ShellExecute() **should** keep the console window from opening,
but no guarantees.  (I don't have Windows, so I can't test my theory,
sorry.)  Hope I've helped.

Have a wonderful day!

Travis Beaty
Mason City, Iowa.