License question

Arthur ajs at ix.netcom.com
Sun Jan 19 18:51:15 EST 2003

Arthur wrote:
>> Would the practice of silently overwriting a file that is part of the
>> standard Python distribution in any way constitute a violation of the
>> Python license.

Terry replies -

>No. It definitely is not. And trying to go after another developer because
>you don't like the way their package installs is itself, "at the minimum,
>ill-mannered". ;-)

Nothing shocks me anymore, I'm afraid.  To make this cuter, the distributor
didn't even write the code.  And by suggesting that he might reconsider
screwing the standard Python install *without warning* and *irreversibly*
for anyone who downloads that package, makes me anything other than a
concerned Python citizen  - well I find that a bit amazing.

*I* think they call that a virus, usually.

Art