Python vs .Net (

Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters mertz at gnosis.cx
Tue Jan 7 23:23:31 EST 2003

Avery Andrews <andrews at pcug.org.au> wrote previously:
|How does this play out in places that don't recognize software patents,
|especially where the local government is not interested in promoting the
|dominance of M$?  'twould be odd for USA-ans to be looking to Latin
|America and China for the defense of freedom, but such is life ...

We USAian's have been looking to Latin America for democratic
inspiration for some time.  Peruvian Congressman Villaneuva, for
example, is way out in front of us in his understanding of freedom.
Heck, even Miguel de Icaza--although naive in thinking MS will play nice
about Mono--is, after all, Mexican (and his heart is in the right place).

Still, I don't think Mono will last long once it is illegal to import
any of its code into the USA and the EU.  I realize those are not the
whole world... but they make up a big enough chunk of the software world
to strangle a project like Mono.

Yours, Lulu...

--
---[ to our friends at TLAs (spread the word) ]--------------------------
Echelon North Korea Nazi cracking spy smuggle Columbia fissionable Stego