Doesn't work (was: Re: httplib won't accept URL with parameters (???))

pythonhda pythonhda at yahoo.com.replacepythonwithlinux
Fri Jan 10 14:03:26 EST 2003

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003 01:20:16 +0100
Phillip <ritschratsch at gmx.de> wrote:

>  >and then use the >HTTPConnection class becuase that is
>  >what is in use now.
>
> I don't quite get the documentation on how I'm supposed to tackle this.
> HTTPConnection has different parameters (3 instead of 2) and some other
> issues that aren't *that* well dosumented. From what I gather I just
> can't change the constructor and be done with it....
> A, well, we'll see.

I don't quite understand what you mean. You didn't change the contructor in your original code. You basically wrapped procedure code into a class

Check section 11.6.3 in the docs (I have Python 2.2.1) I was able to reproduce what you wanted to do originally (using the examples from that section) in about 7 lines of code.

Also check out:  http://web.pydoc.org/2.2/httplib.html

>  > I hope that helps.
> Yeah, it did. I might need some more! :-)
>
> Phillip

No prob, I'm here to help/learn also....