traditional tk inter problem

Cousin Stanley CousinStanley at HotMail.com
Thu Jan 30 13:58:06 EST 2003

|| [Chris Lyon] ...
|| and all I really want to do it plot a graph in a webpage ...

Several months ago I ran across some JavaScript examples
for plotting simple functions on a web page that use methods
that are similar to the one posted by Will Stuyvesant ...

http://fastq.com/~sckitching/JS/Parabola.htm

http://fastq.com/~sckitching/JS/DD_Circles.htm
{ animated }

http://fastq.com/~sckitching/JS/Circle_MH.htm

These produce fairly nice plots,
but the rendering is somewhat  S L O W
in the browser ...

The JavaScript code seems straightforward
and probably could be converted to Python
without too much effort, although the animated
script, DD_Circles.htm, originally from DynamicDuo
might be a bit more of a challenge, but should also
be easy to convert ...

All 3 of the above scripts work in IE6,
but only  Circle_MH.htm  seems to work
in  BOTH  IE  and  Mozilla 0.95  with the later
rendering the plot in about 50 seconds
and the former just slightly quicker
on the slow 250 MHz machine that I use ...

Since Cousin Will's Python script generates
a nice sine wave in about 2 seconds clock time,
I would guess that the Python versions
of the examples above would also run much quicker ???

Cousin Stanley