Do pythons like sugar?

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Tue Jan 14 13:57:44 CET 2003

Afanasiy <abelikov72 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I already knew I could make aliases/references or 'macros' (as the
> documentation calls them) to members I wish to access more easily.

I'm curious. What documentation calls this 'macros'? Why are the people
who wrote that documentation still alive? They'd have been eaten by hoardes
of screaming lisp masses by now, right?

Anyway, what's wrong with this technique? I like it, and there's actually
a different in behavior (less attribute lookups) which is explicitly visible.

It should be clear enough by now that there's no pythonic way to do what
you're asking. :)

Regards,

Martijn