ctypes news

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Fri Jan 24 13:51:19 EST 2003

Here are some news on the ctypes module:

Development has has moved to Sourceforge
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/ctypes/

Bug tracker, patches, CVS repository.

The CVS version works under Linux, MacOS X, and Windows.  I'm
routinely running the tests which are currently written under Linux
and Windows 2000.

Just van Rossum had submitted the patch for the Mac.  There's a
version 0.3.5, together with the patch and a snapshot of libff if
anyone wants to try it out.

If you're using Windows, there is no need to update to this version.

New web pages (but not much new content, the docs still have to be
updated).

----

I'm actively working on it right now: writing tests to shake out all
the little bugs (there are lots of them, although noone has complained
about them), and fixing them on the fly.

I think I'm halfway through the fixing.

There's a *ctypes-users* mailing list now, although I'm currently the
only subscriber ;-).  I'm not sure it will be useful, I created it
just in case.

The list-info page is at
  http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/ctypes-users

Here you can subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options,
and view the list archive.

Thomas