Null number input

Tyson Tate nilobject at mac.com
Sun Jan 26 15:55:52 EST 2003

When I use raw_input, I'm able to not enter anything and just hit
return, yet with input, I get "unexpected EOF while parsing" if I don't
enter anything. The code I am using is as follows (my remarks = #):

	userInfo["firstName"] = raw_input("First Name: ")	   # Works fine
	userInfo["lastName"] = raw_input("Last Name: ")       # same here
	userInfo["age"] = input("Age: ")       # entering nothing gives me the
error
	userInfo["SSN"] = input("SSN: ")

Would I have to do something like int(raw_input("Age: ")) or is there a
better way?

TIA

--
Tyson Tate, Editor