These are discouraging stats to Perlistas & Pythonistas...

Cliff Wells LogiplexSoftware at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 7 19:57:28 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 11:30, Malcolm Dew-Jones wrote:

> Job listings also measure the *turnover* of employees, not just the number
> of jobs.
>
> Perhaps the perl programmers are happy, so the existing jobs don't lead to
> job listings.
>
> Perhaps the perl programmers are efficient, so existing work doesn't lead
> to more jobs.

Also, jobs are created by managers, not requirements <wink>.

I wonder what the stats are for jobs requiring a C programmer only to
have that 'C programmer' actually *do* the work in something else.

Just apply for any job you have a reasonable chance of doing (or
bluffing your way through) and then bend it to your will ;)

--
Cliff Wells, Software Engineer
Logiplex Corporation (www.logiplex.net)