Laura's List - was Re: new years resolutions

Nomad nomad*** at ***freemail.absa.co.za
Wed Jan 8 13:53:24 EST 2003

On 7 Jan 2003 04:45:11 -0800, mis6 at pitt.edu (Michele Simionato) wrote:

>Ben Leslie <benno at sesgroup.net> wrote in message news:<mailman.1041872080.15063.python-list at python.org>...
>> On Sun, 05 Jan 2003, Laura Creighton wrote:
>> >
>> > 1. preoccupation with cleverness as opposed to wisdom
>>
>> Care to expand on this point? I don't quite get what you mean.
>>

>My interpretation: you are wise when you are clever enough that you
>don't need to show it. IOW, if you can, you choose the simple way over
>the difficult way. I am sure people on c.l.py would say that
>Perl is clever, whereas Python is wise.
>
>Hoping having correcly channeled Laura,

Of course, there is always:

"cleverness is when you know everything,

wisdom is when you know enough to know you don't know everything"

--
Nomad

Wondering of the vast emptyness of the 'net
in search of something cool.