so how do *you* generate XHTML?

N. Thomas nthomas at cise.ufl.edu
Mon Jan 13 16:04:19 EST 2003

I've got some data that I'd like Python to spit out into XHTML, and I
don't want to print out raw XHTML strings, ala (print '<title>%s</title>
% body['title']).

After looking around a bit, the only module I can find that can do this
is HTMLgen, which was exactly what I was looking for. The only problem
is that HTMLgen is about 4 or 5 years old, and AFAIK, hasn't been
developed further since then.

According to "Python Web Programming" (Holden, New Riders Publishing),
HTMLgen is one of a kind, but did mention other web publishing framework
tools like Albatross, Zope, and PSP -- all of which seem to be overkill
for my application.

My question: Is there a newer version of HTMLgen or is there a newer
tool that does the same thing as HTMLgen?

thanks,
thomas

--
N. Thomas