Newbie question on Re module

A.M. Kuchling akuchlin at
Fri Jan 3 20:02:11 CET 2003

In article <Xns92F582EB0133EjslmAAearthlinknet at>,
	Josh wrote:
>  I know I can match all binaries groups and then remove them from the list.
> My question is how can I do it the other way round, meaning how can I match
> all non binaries groups in the first place.

groups = [...big list...]
non_bin_groups = filter(lambda name: not name.endswith('binaries'),

Much easier than struggling with regexes...

--amk                                                             (
SHYLOCK: Fast bind, fast find.
      -- _The Merchant of Venice_, II, v