Learning Python - The Book

Michael Urban urba0083 at tc.umn.edu
Wed Jan 15 12:42:52 EST 2003

Its ok to use it as the basic language and such is still applicable. But
watch out for outdated stuff. For example, that book will reference the
string module, which is depricated and you probably shouldn't use it in
your projects.

A book I might suggest you read instead of, or in addition to Learning
Python is Python 2.1 Bible. It's a lot more up to date and personally, I
think has more in depth coverage that helps you understand why you are
doing what you are doing.