[Python-Dev] [ann] Minimal Python project

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Fri Jan 10 22:13:57 EST 2003

David LeBlanc wrote:

> I was thinking about something along these lines but with a different
> slant:
> an "essential" python that's stripped way down and that could be
> ROM-able.
> In the same way that Java is used in the Sharp Zarius, I think it
> would be
> way cool to have an os/python cored PDA. I wonder if it could be done
> in
> 16mb or less, 8mb being the next logical number...

Right, my immediate thought for the utility of such a project would be
getting a functioning Python on extremely stripped down, bare-bones, or
embedded systems.

/  \ I sleep and dream that life is / All beauty
\__/ Lamya
    WebVal / http://www.alcyone.com/pyos/webval/
 URL scanner, maintainer, and validator in Python.