Source Forge CVS

Donnal Walter donnalcwalter at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 8 05:54:40 EST 2003

"Jonathan Ellis" <ellisjb at my-deja.com> wrote:
> "Justin Shaw" <wyojustin at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > I have a project set up on source forge, SpellQuest,  I need to
> > set up the CVS repository.  Can someone tell me how to do it
> > from Windows or Linux. The Sourceforge how to tells you to "log
> > into the CVS server"  what is that? Is it different from
> > spellquest.sf.net?  I'd appreciate the set by step commands if
> > anyone can fill them in for me.
>
> kind of a meta-answer: the best cvs front-end for windows (or linux,
> for that matter) is smartcvs.  the free version is quite good, and if
> you want the extra features in the payware version it's quite
> affordable.

I am in much the same boat as Justin. Generally I am pretty adept at
figuring things out for myself, but somehow I am missing one or two crucial
steps. Part of the problem is that all the instructions seem to be written
for Unix users and for the moment at least I am stuck with Windows.

So, I downloaded smartcvs and ran the setup. It looks like it is exactly
what I need, but again, I can't quite get it to connect with my project on
SF. Here is my first specific question. Does smartcvs have all I need to
make this connection, or do I need to download some kind of SSH support as
well? Thanks.

Donnal Walter
Arkansas Children's Hospital