Slurping Web Pages

Tony Dunn tdunn at
Sun Jan 26 13:27:17 CET 2003

Thanks for all the responses!

I've gone the COM route for the first phase of this project, but it will
investigate the *urllib* option for the long term.

The *basic* code I ended up with is:

import win32com.client

# This is the main loop   -
# Issues: (1) Only runs in PythonWin
#            (2) Fails if ASCII code > 128 are present in the string

f_out = open("G:\\temp\Projects\slurpHtml\slurp.txt", "w")

html = x.Document.documentElement.innerHtml

There are a few wrinkles I need to work out, but at least I know now I'm
headed in the right direction...

news:J3BY9.2087$Ec.128 at