Scintilla / Scite tabs formatting mystery.

Dale Strickland-Clark dale at riverhall.NOTHANKS.co.uk
Sat Jan 11 19:18:10 EST 2003

"Neil Hodgson" <nhodgson at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

>   There is a global base style set in SciTEGlobal.properties called
>style.*. For any style, style number 32 is the default style and is used to
>calculate the width of a tab. Your problem is that you have style.*.32 and
>hence style.python.32 set to the default Verdana 10 pt and want to have all
>your text in the current monospace font, probably Courier New 10 pt. To set
>the default Python style:
>
>style.python.32=$(font.monospace)
>
>   For a more global change, in the SciTEGlobal.properties file set
>
>style.*.32=$(font.monospace)
>
>   The whole scheme is a hierarchy that tries to allow fonts to be easily
>changed globally but then be tweaked for particular styles.
>
>   Why 32? Its historical and maybe spelling '32' as '*' would be more
>sensible.
>
>   Neil

Ah. The top man.

That's got the little bugger. Now everything looks organised again.

Thanks very much.

While you're there, how easy is it to modify the key-bindings? I'm
rather used to the way PythonWin does a few things.

--
Dale Strickland-Clark
Riverhall Systems Ltd