Threaded server in python!?

Erik Max Francis max at
Wed Jan 8 04:00:42 CET 2003

Giorgi Lekishvili wrote:

> asynchroneous? 'Cause I am afraid I havn't understand how to make
> synchronization
> work with ThreadingTCPServer:(((

For server work, asynchronous I/O is the alternative to multithreading
or process forking (in the rare cases where forking will suffice).
Asynchronous I/O really just means you use a select loop and handle each
request as quickly as possible.  There are all sorts of frameworks which
make this easier, such as asyncore/Medusa, Twisted, etc.

 Erik Max Francis / max at /
/  \ Nobody can reach me, nobody can touch me; it's a wonderful feeling.
\__/ Aaliyah
    Maths reference /
 A mathematics reference.