Do pythons like sugar?

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Fri Jan 10 03:28:19 EST 2003

Carl Banks wrote:

> Look, I'm sorry, but I don't see it.  His original question was
> explicit and specific, even if was a tad more wordy than it had to be.
> He asked whether Python had syntax sugar for self; nothing more.  I
> don't think it was warranted to assume he was asking anything other
> than that.

But sometimes you have to answer something else to give a meaningfull reply.

I the example certianly belive it to be relevant to show that you can
use pythons dynamic features, and rename a local member to get the same
effect::

     aList = self.aList

Which basically solves the problem he was having. Though not in the way
he asked for. There are many examples of this in Python, when people
with different backgrounds gives it a try.

So second guessing is nessecary.

regards Max M

--

hilsen/regards Max M

http://www.futureport.dk/
Fremtiden, videnskab, skeptiscisme og transhumanisme