syntax for preset locals without using dummy args with defaults

Erik Max Francis max at
Sat Jan 11 06:23:43 CET 2003

Bengt Richter wrote:

> Let's see how that looks:
>     def foo(x, y=default; z=some_expression):
> Not bad ;-)

If I understand correctly, you really want these additional parameters
to be what in C are local variables with static duration.  I certainly
don't object to the concept, but I really don't think that the right
place for it is in the function declaration, despite the obvious counter
(and inspiration) that some people use default parameters for just this

 Erik Max Francis / max at /
/  \ Being in love for real / It ain't like a movie screen
\__/ India Arie
    Blackgirl International /
 The Internet resource for black women.