Comments on base52 encoder/decoder ?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Tue Jan 7 21:18:09 EST 2003

Bengt Richter wrote:

> Was it the extras, or just putting too much on the plate at once? ;-)
>
> What if I had just started with the default encoding/decoding
> and showed one useful example?

It was both the extras and the puttin too much on the plate at once :-).

I think having a base52 converter would be just dandy.  It was the
trying to staple integer _and_ binary string encoding in there that
rubbed me the wrong way.  I think just the basic encoding of binary
string -> base52 encoded all-alpha string and the reverse would be just
dandy.

/  \ Nobody can reach me, nobody can touch me; it's a wonderful feeling.
\__/ Aaliyah
    Maths reference / http://www.alcyone.com/max/reference/maths/
 A mathematics reference.